HIHT celebrated the nation’s 67th Republic Day on 26th January 2016. The event was marked with cultural programs of dance, song, and poetry recitals presented by the staff and students from Medical, Paramedical, Nursing, Engineering, and Management Colleges.
The Chief Guest, Dr. Vijay Dhasmana, Member Presidential Body, HIHT hoisted the national flag and took the salute of the marching contingents.
On the occasion, Dr. Dhasmana felicitated Sh. Chaman Singh, Driver MT Dept. for successfully completing the “Road Safety,” program and three HSET students for their active participation in development of a mechanized boom barrier under the guidance of Shri Trilok Rajora, Project Coordinator, HSET.
Addressing the gathering, Dr. Dhasmana urged everyone to contribute in celebrating the 3rd Foundation Day of Swami Rama Himalayan University on 12th March and informed that the 1st Convocation of the University may also be held on the same day. The highlights of his address were:
- The University has been enrolled as a member of the Association of Indian Universities.
- The University has been accorded recognition as a Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIROs) by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research.
- The Cancer Research Institute (CRI) of the University has been recognized as a Tertiary Care Cancer Centre by the Government for implementation of its projects under the National Program for Prevention & Control of Cancer and it has also been recognized by the ICMR as a collaborative centre for cancer research and services.
- New courses introduced viz. Polytechnic Diploma in the Himalayan School of Engineering & Technology (HSET), B.Com. (H) in the Himalayan School of Management Studies (HSMS) from 2015-16.
- Session 2016-17 will see introduction of Biomedical Engineering Course, Diploma in Dialysis Technology (DDT). Permission to start MD Psychiatry has been granted by MCI.
- Introduction of Fellowship programs in Medical & Sur-gical Oncology, Critical Care & Emergency Medicine.
- MCI has granted increase of one seat each in TB & Chest, Community Medicine & Pharmacology.
- The MBBS intake has been increased to 150 seats.
- A University delegation would be visiting Laurea University, Finland in the month of February for collaboration in the fields of Nursing & Holistic Health.
- New ICU with 41 beds has been set-up at the Himalayan Hospital.
- 5 new OPDs planned in the hospital – to come up at the new hospital building .
- To encourage patient care amongst staff a Best Employee of the Month scheme to be introduced in the Hospital .
- RDI has expanded its area of functioning beyond the state of Uttarakhand in the northeastern states of Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya & Assam. RDI is providing training to 31 states under this Government project of Rashtriya Kishor Swasthya Karyakra (RKSK).
- The SWAJAL project of RDI will cover up to 200 villages by the end of the year.
- A Polytechnic College and a Health Centre in the birth place of H.H. Dr. Swami Rama, at village Toli in Pauri Garhwal. The Hon’ble Chief Minister Uttarakhand, Sh. Harish Rawat ji will lay the foundation stone of the project on 12th February, 2016.
- The HSET is forging ahead with research and development projects; some of the notable projects underway are mechanized boom barrier, blood collection monitor, ECG Analyzer, pre-fabricated low cost toilets, solar, wind and hydroelectric hybrid power generation.
The Tehri Hydro Development Corporation has sought the University’s assistance to install 10 pre-fabricated low cost toilets in mountainous regions.
- The Disaster Causality Monitoring System is under trial at HSET and will soon be available to patients and residents living in far flung hilly areas. The system will help them contact the hospital in the event of a medical emergency.
- Various studio/B-type/E-type residences are under construction.
Dr. Dhasmana congratulated the Himalayan Hospital and Cancer Research Centre for registering a steady growth and informed that the formal inauguration of CRI would take place February this year. He applauded RDI for being instrumental in spreading the organization’s name across the country.